Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Purpose

pur·pose (pûr'ps)
n.
1. The object toward which one strives or for which something exists; an aim or a goal: 
2. A result or effect that is intended or desired; an intention.
3. Determination; resolution
4. The matter at hand; the point at issue.

Oh! There is so much to think about and to prepare for and at times all I want to do is nothing, I just want to sit and stare.  I'm having to make more decisions then I think I have ever had to in my entire life and I'm having to think and plan for what I want to be doing four...ten years down the road without losing grips of what is happening right now!  The most important thing in order to keep my head on straight and to keep me from falling into a pit of despair would be to make sure that I make my personal quite time with God a priority.
( In all reality I have slacked off BIG time with this in the past several weeks. I am so thankfull that my God is still faithfull when I am not!! ) 
Without that time to reconnect and be encouraged by the one who loves me the most and who is fighting for my best, I begin to become very overwhelmed and loose sight of what our / my purpose is. 
That purpose is to be a "little Christ" in our actions and words ( I love being called that - " Little Christ" )
To tell others about His life saving, FREE gift and how they can have it.
We need to remember not to become bogged down with "religious rules" but to love recklessly abandoned  and madly in love with Christ.  I love being in love with Christ, I really Don't forget your purpose my friends!     : )

-O

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! This truly is our purpose and should always be our main focus.

    ReplyDelete