Sunday, May 27, 2012

"Stop this Train"

I was thinking the other day that if I had to describe my life lately through an analogy it would be this.

   "I'm on a train, it's called "Life" and it's moving super fast.  It's beginning to pick-up speed.  It's beginning to move so fast I barely have enough time to catch a glimpse of the scenery. I want it to slow down, but it won't -it can't.
I take hold of the break in attempt to slow the train down but my attempt is futile and the break,breaks.  The break throws me back into reality where I realize there is nothing I can do about the speed of this train.  The only thing I have control of is how I will react to the trip.  I realize I'm only a passenger, not the engineer - someone else holds that position.  I realize the only thing I can do is make the best out of the ride no matter how fast the train is moving."

Now, it was about two weeks ago when I thought of this comparison and than began to feel smart about myself and the comparison because I am not much if a creative writer, you see.
Well people, there is nothing new under the sun!
This comparison has already been thought up and put into song. I heard it at Weatherford Christian's graduation ceremony.
Who, you may ask wrote this song!?  John Mayer did and it's called ' Stop This Train".
My mother always said there was a song for everything.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment