Monday, December 31, 2012

Blessed

Again, my best (actually my only) blogging happens at 1:00 in the morning. I don't know why this is. Whether it's because I'm a procrastinator, or maybe my best thoughts come out at this time. I'm going to go with the latter.  Lately, God has opened my eyes to how much He has blessed me!  First, ALL glory, honor and praise to Him for all He has done, for none of it is of me!   
I don't even know where to begin.  As I'm writing this I can't help but think of the children's song 
" Count Your Blessings, Name them One by One".  So here we go...

Blessings

1.   My Salvation that comes through my savior Jesus Christ...( if you don't have this you can. )

2.   My amazing family. This includes my parents who have been happily married for over 25 years.  Through their love for one another they have taught my sisters and I how to love, submit and honor our future spouses. They have taught us life skills, how to work with others, and respect authority. Most importantly they have taught us how to have a relationship with the Lord.  They have done all of this with undying love and affection, unending care and protection.  Why God chose to place me in an amazing family, I don't know.  I am still discovering the reason but I will forever be amazed and grateful for God's grace and provision.

3.   I live in a country where I can voice my opinion.  I can fight for what I believe in, stand up for what is right and I can do so with minimal consequences compared to other countries.  Yes, our country's economic and moral standards are decaying but for now I still believe we live in one of the best nations ever to exist - but only because of God's blessing.

4.  I have the opportunity to go to school, receive an education and advance in life.

5.  God had blessed me financially. ALWAYS providing for my needs and so many of my wants. ( His faithfulness in this area NEVER ceases to amaze me.)

6. God has placed people in my life who love Him and want to lead, guide and mentor me in  His ways. That's a blessing far greater than I can express.

7. God has (again) ALWAYS provided for our family,  which I am a beneficiary of. : )

8.  I have never had to solely depend on myself.  I can always depend on God, but I'm talking about being all alone - no family, no friends, just you. I thank the Lord that I have always had a support system.

9. A car that rarely has any problems but if it does, a great service team at Durant Toyota that fixes Sally      ( my car) right up.

10 Another year of life..good bye 2012. 



I could keep going but the point is God blesses us more than we realize.  I know there are many blessing I will probably never realize I have been given but my prayer is that I would never take any of them for granted.  Count your blessings my friends and praise/thank The Lord for them!!


- O

No comments:

Post a Comment